Learn about the Patient Portal - HIPAA Compliant Chat Feature!
- Chat Features by Plan
- How to enable Chat
- How to send a new message
- Chat notifications
- How to delete a message or file
Important note: You can only send messages or files to Patients that have an active Patient Portal account.
Chat Features by Plan:
- Starter Plan - File share with your Patients.
- Enhanced Plan - File share and message your Patients.
- Premium Plan - File share and message your Patients. Ability to message your Clinic staff with Team Chat.
How to enable Chat:
- Start by navigating to Patient Portal on the left hand menu.
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and toggle Chat for your patients available in Patient Portal to Yes.
- File share with Patients will be active by default on every plan. Team Chat will be active by default for Premium plans only.
The Patient Portal Chat Feature can be used to send messages and files to your Patients in a HIPAA Compliant Way:
There are 3 ways to send a new message:
- On the left hand menu Click Chat. In the Chat window, Click the + plus sign.
- Select whether you would like to start a chat with a Patient or start a chat with a Teammate. Search their name in the search bar and Click Start Chat.
- Within the Appointment Details page, click the Chat icon at the bottom of the window. This will open a new tab with the Chat window where you can begin your message.
- In the Patient File, click the Chat icon in the bottom left corner. This will open a new tab with the Chat window.
Chat - Notifications:
- In Clinic Settings > Notification Settings, you can find the Chat notification at the bottom of the page. This Email Notification cannot be disabled.
- There will be a slight delay for these messages / chat notifications. If multiple messages are sent at once, there will only be one notification of this.
Important note: Email notification is required. SMS notifications can be enabled or disabled.
How to delete a message or file:
- Start by navigating to the Menu on the left hand of the screen.
- Click the Chat icon.
- Now select a conversation or search for a Patient.
- Hover the cursor over the message or file you would like to delete then click the 3 dots. A pop-up menu will display the option to Delete. Click Delete and this will permanently delete this message.